Isoflavones are considered as a type of nutritional supplement that creates a special group of molecules that comprise what is called a phytochemical. A phytochemical is a natural plant chemical, that is found in foods like legumes and herbs like red clover. Isoflavones are considered phytoestrogens, meaning that they are similar in structure to the female hormone, oestrogen. Low levels of oestrogen can promote hair loss.
Oestrogen in other words DHT plays an important role in hair loss. In this blog you read what Isoflavones are, the importance for your hair condition, ingredients that help stimulate hair growth and a perfect product that contains isoflavones for hair growth.
What are isoflavones?
Isoflavones are considered phytoestrogens, meaning that they are similar in structure to the female hormone, estrogen. Soybeans are the richest source of isoflavones, and soy foods and ingredients contain varying concentrations. It is important to have enough of them in your body, because a deficiency could lead to several medical applications, such as hair loss.
Isoflavones and hair growth
The phytoestrogens in soy isoflavones are weak and that is a good thing. This means that they can reduce how much DHT binds to the hair follicles, but will not cause any hormonal imbalance or affect estrogen in the body. The weak activity of isoflavones competes with DHT at the receptors in the hair follicles. That means less DHT accumulates in the hair follicles, which will leave more space for nutrients from the blood to pass through and nourish the hair follicles.
The function of the hair follicles will improve because vitamins and nutrients can easier reach them. This means an improvement in the overall hair condition and stimulation for a healthy growth. Important ingredients that can reach the hair follicles more easily are iron, biotin, zinc and red clover.
Nutrients that help stimulate hair growth
As emphasised above, isoflavones allow the hair follicles to absorb vitamins and nutrients better. Important nutrients and vitamins included are:
- Iron is a nutrient that plays a crucial role in making hemoglobin, a compound that carries oxygen to cells, which is essential for the body to function. A deficiency of Iron can lead to hair loss, especially by woman. Fortunately, a deficiency of Iron doesn’t damage the hair follicles, that means that with the right treatment your hair can effectively regrow
- Zinc is a nutrient that has an important role in hair tissue growth and repair. It also helps keep the oil glands around the follicles working properly. A deficiency of Zinc can lead to hair loss according to medical studies.
- Protein is a nutrient that has impact on your body. People who do not eat enough protein can have dry and brittle hair. Protein is found in many foods, including meat, seafood, dairy foods, soy, beans, seeds and nuts. Hair follicles are mostly made of protein. A lack of protein in the diet has been shown to promote hair loss.
Vitamins that help stimulate hair growth
- Retinol is a form of vitamin A and stimulates cells to grow. Furthermore vitamin A helps skin glands to make an oily substance called sebum. This sebum moisturizes the scalp and helps keep hair healthy. It is important to get enough vitamin A on a daily base in your body, but you should be aware that too much vitamin A can also cause your hair to fall off.
- Biotin, vitamin B7 is an effective vitamin for hair growth. Low levels of Biotin can cause hair loss, skin rashes and brittle hair. You can get it in your body by eating meat, egg, whole grains and many other products. Biotin is most effective if you suffer from a deficiency of vitamin B.
- Abscorbic acid, vitamin C is a vitamin that is a powerful antioxidant that helps against oxidative stress caused by free radicals. In addition your body needs to create a protein called collagen that supports your hair structure. Vitamin C helps in creating that protein and absorbs iron an helpful mineral for the support of your hair. Normally strawberries, peppers and citrus fruits.
Treatments that stimulate hair growth
Neofollics uses Zinc and several vitamins in their Hair Growth Supporting Tablets. This ingredients lay the foundation for healthy hair growth. Also, it only consist about natural and vegan products, such as saw palmetto, red clover and other kinds of leaves. You should make sure to try it out, if you suffer from hair loss or want to support your hair in a healthy fashion to grow.
The Hair Growth Supporting Tablets of Neofollics, also contain isoflavones in amount of 100mg per tablet. This is a safe amount, but you should be aware that children should not eat plenty of soy isoflavones. Because it is uncertain, what amounts can have effects on the long term. Also, you should not use isoflavones if you suffer from breast cancer. Because it can have an effect on the oestrogen. This can result in a promotion of cancer cell growth.
Isoflavones have the same effect as phytoestrogen. This means that they can reduce how much DHT binds to the hair follicles, but will not cause any hormonal imbalance or affect estrogen in the body.
A reduction of DHT results to the fact that more nutrients and vitamins can reach the hair follicles. This than leads to less hair loss and stimulates healthy hair growth.