What is Minoxidil?
Minoxidil is a popular hair loss treatment approved by the IGJ. It comes in liquid or foam form to treat male and female pattern baldness (also known as Androgenetic Alopecia or AGA). Furthermore, it promotes hair growth in people with thinning hair.
Minoxidil is an effective remedy for a large proportion of the people who use it, however many times a satisfactory result is not forthcoming. Minoxidil won't regrow hairs. It is also necessary to use it for a longer period of time. Because Minoxidil has a low user satisfaction, many people quickly drop out. The irritation Minoxidil causes on the skin does not outweigh the benefits.
Minoxidil is not recommended for the age of 18 and younger.
For selective use only
Minoxidil belongs to a class of drugs known as vasodilators, and the relationship between the opening of the vessels and stimulation of hair growth is its mechanism of action. This medication will not work for you if you have any of the following conditions:
- You have unexplained hair loss (meaning you don’t have a family history of hair loss)
- Your hair loss comes on suddenly, or it falls out in strands
- Your scalp is red, itchy, infected, or painful to the touch
- Hair loss caused by hair products, chemicals or hair care methods or lifestyle
- Hair loss caused by another condition (such as thyroid or autoimmune disease), post-pregnancy, nutritional deficiencies, scalp scarring, or medical treatments (such as chemotherapy)
How bad are the drawbacks of minoxidil?
Aside from its selective use, there are several side effects to consider before giving Minoxidil a shot. The most common are scalp irritation (such as burning, stinging or redness at the application site), hair growth in adjacent areas (such as your forehead), or changes in hair texture or color.
As it is a drug, take extra care not to get in your eyes or get absorbed anywhere else on your skin. You should see your doctor immediately if you experience any of these symptoms:
- unwanted facial / body hair
- fast / irregular heartbeat
- pass out
- chest pain
- swelling of the hands / feet
- unusual weight gain
- breathing problems, especially when lying down.
But then what is Neoxyl®?
Neoxyl® is a unique hair growth complex developed by Neofollics that consists of a combination of active ingredients. The 10 active ingredients in Neoxyl® have been selected to treat multiple ways hair loss based on scientific research. Neoxyl is an alternative to Minoxidil and other hair growth lotions. Minoxidil has limited effectiveness and has many negative side effects.
- Neofollics lotion is 41% more effective than Minoxidil on the growth of dermal papilla cells.
- It has 95% user satisfaction, according to research.
- The lotion is a water based solution and does not contain harmful solvents such as Propylene Glycol (PPG), unlike Minoxidil.
- It is suitable for both men and women.
- Neoxyl not only has an effect on hereditary hair loss, like Minoxidil, but is also suitable for hormonal hair loss and Alopecia areata.
Neoxyl® is the main composition that can be found in the Neofollics Lotion, which in addition to this complex also contains ingredients that increase the absorption of the Neofollics Lotion in the scalp.